FAVOURITE THINGS - MARCH
As we head into April, I wanted to take a moment and reflect on some of the things that I thoroughly loved in the month of March.
1. Mango Tea - I had a thing for tea this month. For some reason I felt chillier than usual and, at some point in the day, it's time to cut out the coffee. So, I turned to tea. I also have a sweet tooth and if there's anything that help me curb sneaking chocolate during the day, I'm all over it. This tea did the trick for me - both in the warming up department and in curbing my sweet tooth (most of the time!). It tastes like mango, just as the name would suggest, and I thoroughly enjoyed steeping a cup or two of it during the day - and, sometimes, in the evening as well. I've really been enjoying the strength of loose leaf teas lately and this is a great one!
2. Cotton Stems - I'm really loving the look and feel of these cotton stems lately. They bring kind of a rustic and homey feel to your decor without really diving fully into farmhouse chic. Very Joanna Gaines! Toss a few stems into a vase or a vintage pitcher and display anywhere you need a touch of softness. These stems are so versatile - I, personally, would add them pretty much any decor style. Stay tuned for a blog post on how to DIY these stems yourself to save some money!
3. Hanging Succulents - I recently purchased these artificial string of pearl succulent wall hangings from HomeSense and added them to our family room. They add just the right amount of greenery to the room and make a nice alternative to another piece of canvas wall art. Had I found these earlier though, I definitely would have purchased this brass version in order to add just a touch of brass to the room as well - two design trends in one (succulents & brass)!
4. Colourful vintage rugs - I have been eyeing these colourful vintage rugs for weeks now and I can't wait to purchase one for our family room! We recently changed up the furniture in the room and one of these vintage rugs would be absolutely beautiful to pull the room together. A vintage rug adds just the right amount of colour to a room without being too "in your face" or bold. It's soft, but still adds a nice statement to a room and gives a beautiful lived in feel that brings comfort to a space. I won't be waiting too long to pull the trigger on one of these beauties.
5. Bright Serape throws - This brilliant Mexican Serape blanket was purchase during our last family trip to Puerto Vallarta and it's one of my favourite souvenirs! I'm normally a neutral colours kind of girl, but the amazing colours in this Mexican blanket look beautiful in our family room and the blanket is useful during chilly evenings as well. I am especially excited to use this blanket with a colourful vintage rug. It brings just the right amount of worldliness and colourful warmth to a room. It looks amazing with traditional woods and browns and looks equally lovely with contemporary cool greys and creams.
What were some of your favourites for the month of March? Are you looking forward to April and the beginnings of Spring and Summer as much as I am?